The Iranian Water Resources Science and Engineering Association and the Center for the Study and Development of Water Technology (Fanab) are holding:
“Planning the allocation of water resources at the catchment level using the MODSIM model”
- Workshop time: Thursday and Friday, September 7 and 8, from 9 am to 5 pm
- Workshop duration: 16 hours (two days)
- Venue: Amirkabir University of Technology
- Tuition for participating in the workshop per person: 450,000 Tomans
- Dr. Mojtaba Shourian
- Faculty member of the department of Civil Engineering, Water and Environment, Shahid Beheshti University
Why should I participate in this workshop?
Due to the lack of specialized personnel and the increasing need of the country to manage the limited water resources available and the lack of necessary training classes in general in the country, the need to train this software to active personnel in the field of water resources at the level of civil engineering and agriculture students, graduates And water engineering experts in consulting companies seems essential.
- Familiarity with the basic concepts of water resources planning and types of conventional models
- Introduction of comprehensive simulation model of MODSIM catchment
- Network Flow Programming Algorithm
- Prioritize the allocation of needs in MODSIM
- Implementation of catchment topology and river network components
- How to model surface water reservoirs
- How to model groundwater reservoirs
- How to model water needs nodes including drinking, industrial, agricultural and environmental needs
- How to model surface and groundwater interaction and define return water
- Execute the simulated model and obtain and view the results for an example
- Analyze, interpret and compare the results of possible water resource planning scenarios
- How to connect the input database to the model and store the results of the model implementation in the database
- Overview of customization capability and automatic execution of MODSIM model
- In order to increase the executive quality and content of the workshop, the capacity of the workshop is limited.
- Participants must be in class 15 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Participants must bring their ID card with them on the day of the workshop.
- Participants must have a computer to use the workshop more effectively.
- At the end of the workshop, participants will be awarded a certificate appropriate to the final exam of the course.
- At the end of the workshop, participants will join a cyberspace group to discuss and share their questions.
- The workshop video will be given to the participants at the end of the workshop.
- Workshop schedule, software download link and required files will be sent to participants before the workshop starts.