The Iranian Water Resources Science and Engineering Association and the Center for the Study and Development of Water Technology (Fanab) are holding:
“River flood simulation and analysis using two-dimensional HEC-RAS model”
- Workshop time: Thursday and Friday, August 24 and 25, from 9 am to 5 pm
- Workshop duration: 16 hours (two days)
- Venue: Amirkabir University of Technology
- Tuition for participating in the workshop per person: 450,000 Tomans
- Dr. Asghar Azizian
- Faculty member of the department of Civil Engineering, Imam Khomeini International University
- Author of several books
Why should I participate in this workshop?
The growth and development of numerical models for simulating the hydrodynamic pattern of flow and flood have provided the basis for the use of these models and their use in research. Therefore, having sufficient knowledge of these softwares is a necessity.
By participating in this workshop, mastery of using the numerical model to be used in research and applied studies is achieved and creates the background for the development of the use of numerical models in applied projects.
- Introduction Description of different parts of HEC-HMS model
- Learn how to build a rainfall-runoff model of a basin using the HEC-HMS model
- Learning how to calibrate the HEC-HMS model with different methods
- Description of different outputs of HEC-HMS model
- Introducing the two-dimensional model HEC-RAS
- Learn how to build a computational network and import digital elevation models into a two-dimensional model environment
- Learn how to connect to online resource maps such as Google Earth and NASA Maps in the HEC-RAS environment
- Learn how to combine one-dimensional and two-dimensional models simultaneously in the HEC-RAS model
- Teaching numerical settings and examining its effect on model performance
- Investigation of various factors causing numerical instability
- Create graphic, tabular and animated outputs from flow parameters at different times
- Investigating the sensitivity of the two-dimensional model to the dimensions of the computational mesh
- How to transfer the results of the hydraulic model to the GIS environment
- In order to increase the executive quality and content of the workshop, the capacity of the workshop is limited.
- Participants must be in class 15 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Participants must bring their ID card with them on the day of the workshop.
- Participants must have a computer to use the workshop more effectively.
- At the end of the workshop, participants will be awarded a certificate appropriate to the final exam of the course.
- At the end of the workshop, participants will join a cyberspace group to discuss and share their questions.
- The workshop video will be given to the participants at the end of the workshop.
- Workshop schedule, software download link and required files will be sent to participants before the workshop starts.