The Iranian Water Resources Science and Engineering Association and the Center for the Study and Development of Water Technology (Fanab) are holding:
“Water supply network design and analysis workshop using Water GEMS software”
- Workshop time: Thursday and Friday, September 7 and 8, from 9 am to 5 pm
- Workshop duration: 16 hours (two days)
- Venue: Amirkabir University of Technology
- Tuition for participating in the workshop per person: 450,000 Tomans
- Eng. Mohammad Amin Gheibi
- PhD candidate of Shahid Beheshti University
- Master of Water and Wastewater
Why should I participate in this workshop?
Due to the specialization of water and wastewater science and the lack of specialized training centers for related software, it is necessary to provide training in accordance with the necessary needs in projects and engineering consulting and design companies. Familiarity of students and graduates with specialized software used in the labor market can be very useful in the workplace. Also, familiarity of consulting engineers and designers with the latest versions of design software and their new capabilities will help them a lot.
- Provide the basics of water network design
- Familiarity with the basics of network design including design workshop, population, per capita consumption and …
- Install software and introduce its menus
- Familiarity with how to install software and crack it
- Introducing software menus
- Network analysis in Steady State mode
- Familiarity with how to model a network in Steady State mode
- Introducing modeling elements
- Network analysis in EPS mode
- Familiarity with the consumption pattern of the city and how to define it
- Hydraulic analysis of the network during a time workshop
- Familiarity with the concepts of scenario and alternative
- Introducing a variety of alternatives
- How to define a scenario and an alternative
- Modeling a real network
- Familiarity with how to pipe the network in Auto CAD software environment
- Preparation of compression files in GIS software
- Familiarity with how Auto CAD and GIS software communicate with Water GEMS
- Hydraulic analysis of the network and design based on existing standards
- Summarizing the workshop and fixing the learners’ problems
- In order to increase the executive quality and content of the workshop, the capacity of the workshop is limited.
- Participants must be in class 15 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Participants must bring their ID card with them on the day of the workshop.
- Participants must have a computer to use the workshop more effectively.
- At the end of the workshop, participants will be awarded a certificate appropriate to the final exam of the course.
- At the end of the workshop, participants will join a cyberspace group to discuss and share their questions.
- The workshop video will be given to the participants at the end of the workshop.
- Workshop schedule, software download link and required files will be sent to participants before the workshop starts.